Thursday, March 09, 2006

Hand-Scooped Goodness



Carl's Jr. recently came out with a new line of milkshakes which they proudly taut as "hand-scooped". Just what exactly is that supposed to mean? Are they trying to imply that they are homemade? Are we to understand they are all natural? Are they reminiscent of some non-specific nostalgia? I don't think the term "hand-scooped" conveys any of that. It just means that the ingredients are slopped into a stainless processor by some entity other than a robot. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think it even goes that far. A robot can have a hand, right?

I guess it's just a vague corporate statement meant to make the product more appealing. I can think of at least one or two other things, however, that are hand-scooped yet unappealing.

No comments: